So you want to get out of ELO hell? You and many others, so read up on what is working for me!
Recently I have been stuck at a low ELO, aka ELO HELL, and I know most League of Legends players struggle with this also. I honestly feel I’m a pretty good player, but because of starting ranked when I didn’t take it seriously, I dropped pretty low during my first placement matches.
First, I want to state the reasons why I dropped to the 900 ELO bracket in the first place
- Placement matches. I didn’t take these seriously, and jumped into ranked too soon after hitting 30.
- I didn’t play champions I felt I’ve mastered.
- I was new to ranked
Now, here is how to get your ELO up, and how to get get yourself out of ELO hell.
- DON’T RAGE AT YOUR TEAM. At the start of the game, try to be the moral leader, say go team, we can do this, or let’s work together and not rage!! <3 I have been doing this and it does really help to let the team know you’re a team player.
- At champion select, PICK YOUR BEST ROLL!! My best roll is ADC, so at the beginning I ask politely for ADC, I almost always get it. I still lose my lane on occasion, but in the situation I do, I just play safe and wait for team fight time.
- If you don’t get your main roll, then have a backup roll. It’s a good rule of thumb to have at least 1 or 2 champions you know very well in case you need to jungle, support, mid or top.
So my main point is, play what you are good at. Don’t play a champion you barely know because you honestly aren’t going to win your lane vs. someone who knows the ins and outs of their champion. This honestly I think is the best way to consistently get your ELO up.
Hope this helps a bit, there is much more to being a good League of Legends player but that is enough for this article! Tune in often for more LoL Elo tips and tricks. Cya nerdz!