In-case anyone hasn’t played Diablo 3 in a while and needs a boost to get their gear up to par, here is an easy way to maximize your money when using the real money auction house.
After you put your money into battle net, you can either by gold for .25$-ish per million, or spend 1-2 dollars on the highest level gems and re-list those on the gold auction house for about 20 million gold. You do the math, but that’s about 350% better than buying gold straight up. This is the way most people get their gold easily in Diablo 3.
Emeralds I believe sell for the most, but do a little research as the market fluctuates and see for yourself.
Ready to play like a pro . . ARAM player? Well now you know who is considered some of the best picks. This is for the new patch in which ARAM was implemented as a real game mode. Hope it is helpful, and remeber this is accurate, about 75 %, skill level always take effect too but it’s as good as any Summoners Rift tier list.
PWNAGE Tier: Alistar, Blitzcrank, Heimerdinger, Janna, Lux, Nidalee, Teemo, Twisted Fate, Varus, Xerath, Ziggs, Zilean, Zyra
Platinum: Amumu, Ashe, Brand, Diana, Dr. Mundo, Elise, Ezreal, Fiddlesticks, Gragas, Jayce, Karthus, Kassadin, Katarina, Kayle, Kog’maw, Lulu, Maokai, Master Yi, Ryze, Shaco, Sivir, Sona, Soraka, Taric, Tristana, Twitch, Vladimir, Volibear, Warwick, Wukong, Zac, Zed
Gold: Ahri, Anivia, Annie, Caitlyn, Cassiopeia, Darius, Draven, Evelynn, Fizz, Galio, Hecarim, Jarvan, Jax, Karma, Kha’zix, LeBlanc, Leona, Malphite, Malzahar, Miss Fortune, Morgana, Nami, Orianna, Pantheon, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Sejuani, Shen, Singed, Swain, Syndra, Thresh, Trundle, Urgot, Veigar, Vi, Viktor, Yorick
Silver: Akali, Cho’gath, Corki, Fiora, Gangplank, Garen, Graves, Kennen, Lee Sin, Lissandra, Mordekaiser, Nasus, Nautilus, Nocturne, Nunu, Poppy, Quinn, Rammus, Rengar, Sion, Talon, Tryndamere, Vayne, Xin Zhao
Bronze: Irelia, Olaf, Skarner, Udyr
Wood League: Shyvana
Best League of Legends Characters for Jungle in Season 3
Season 3 in League of Legends changed the way the meta, and game in general was played. This is apparent in many ways, but some easy ways to tell are that games usually go faster, teams like EG (ex-CLG.EU) who used to be unbeatable by many teams, have almost fallen off because their style of play no longer works. In this article I want to inform new players of the changes, and what to expect, and how to play in the jungle specifically.
Jungling in League of Legends, I think is one of the easiest ways to carry your-self out of a horrible low ELO/league. The only downside is that you are the play maker for the lanes, but if your lanes can’t hit their skills or secure the kills, your job could be a little harder.
Here are some good Jungling Champions for Solo Q in LOL Season 3
1. Xin Zhao – I love this dude. He is my go to champion most of the time for jungling.
Reasons why I love him – GAP CLOSER, KNOCK UP, HEALS.
How I build him – 9/21/0 seems to be what works best for me. I usually go sun fire, phage, defense boots, and then adjust to what I think is needed. I go wriggles a lot but im not sure if that is the most efficient item anymore, blade of the ruin king would be good, and also black cleaver.
2. Volibear – Gap Closer, speed increase, fear, Tanky
3. Nasus – Slow, Tanky, Dog
4. Rengar – Gap closer, Slow, Stealth
5. Nocturne – Fear, Speed Increase, Gap closer with ult
6. Hecarim – Speed Increase, Gap Closer, Knock back
Those are some good junglers to learn, of course they aren’t the only ones, nor are the other ones bad. The reason I listed the above champions is because of GAP CLOSERS. Honestly, I think season 3 is all about getting in your face and go HAM. Being tanky on these champions is superior to going full glass cannon. Why you might ask? Well, since you are the jungler and usually have a slow/stun/knockup etc, you make plays and help your other lanes snowball ahead. With some hp and armor you are able to tower dive, slow the enemy under turret and soak up the damage and get your carries out alive. This is your job; this is also how you carry your team on your back.
I hope this short article was useful, I am in no way a professional, but I did just hit gold from bronze with 60 games played, I did not lose very many on the way up. Season 3 is all about being aggressive, keep the pressure on when you have a lead or else they can just farm and catch up. Good luck pwners!
Diablo 3 has started to normalize since the release over a year ago. I have written many guides but they all seem to get outdated within a few months. Here is something that I believe will basically stand the test of time for Diablo 3.
Diablo 2 was this way. Everyone who started a new character knew how to powerlevel it in the fastest way possible. I was starting to wonder if D3 would ever get this “set path” of power leveling like its previous release of Diablo 2. I believe we have a fast power leveling method!
Here is the Best Power leveling Method for Diablo 3 in Patch 1.07
- Have a high level character run you through normal Whimsyshire until you can go to nightmare.
- Have high level character run you through Act 3 The Keep Depths nightmare & hell
Okay that was too easy, but that is it. Those 2 places and 3 difficult, while on monster power 10, will yield crazy fast leveling times.
Tips for Thresh – Bot Lane Support & Other Roles
First off, Thresh is a beast if played correctly. You’ve seen Edward from Moscow 5 BenQ on him I would hope, and that is the potential. His poke is great, he has great CC and a knock back, and his ultimate can be used to trap people and peel for your ADC in a teamfight or used in the middle of the teamfight and also used to save a teammate when he is getting chased by the enemy team. He can be played mid lane also, and is damn good at it.
Here are some tips to help you, and to help you help your team mates.
1) Your teammates need to click the lantern to jump, all you do is throw out a super noticeable shield, which teammates like Lee Sin can jump too. A lot of people still don’t know to click the lantern, so you should probably warn them at the start of the game.
2) Despite only having 475 AA range, Thresh’s auto -harass is very strong. Your Q passive makes your autos hit harder the longer you don’t attack (up to 200% bonus AD after 10 seconds). The other part of the Q passive is that your autos also do 1 on-hit magic damage PER SOUL you have. You have 42 souls in lane? Enjoy the free wit’s end proc.
3) Thresh’s Q hook actually counts as a stun for 1.5 seconds. You can use this to disable aggressors on your teammates when you’re too low to go in to flay them. When you hook someone, they initially get dragged back to you a short distance and you can press Q again to jump to them. If you walk away from them after initially landing the hook, your target gets dragged toward you a second time and then you can leap to them.
4) While your passive gives you a lot of armor and on-hit magic damage, it gives you a noticeable amount of AP. While it is a small amount on your QWE because of their low ratios, your ult has a 1.0 AP ratio. This means your high base damage on your ult and the 1.0 AP ratio can make you chunk someone in a duel bot lane, so placing the box so that the wall activates immediately as it spawns under them can provide good immediate burst and CC. The ult also causes a 99% slow (not completely 99% because your MS can not be dropped below a certain point), abuse this.
5) While collecting souls is great, do not put yourself into a position where you can gibbed when you pick up a soul. You have two choices. If your bot lane isn’t going to fight/get initiated on and you’re safe, you can throw your lantern and your lantern will pick up souls next to it. You can then walk out of your lantern’s leash range and pull it to you, putting the shield on you and your teammate next to you. If you don’t wish to waste your lantern cooldown because you think you might need it, let it go, you’ll be getting a lot of souls anyways.
6) Thresh is a very strong CC/tank support who does well with very aggressive ADCs. Thresh can hold the enemy ADC in place while Draven juggles axes off their face. MF+Thresh is probably the best combination, if not one of the most powerful lanes in the game now I noticed, simply due to the kill lane potential and teamfight presence of it. The raw amount of damage you can put on someone means you can gib someone at level 2 easily when you land a hook and flay them back towards you. Thresh synergizes amazingly well with her ult because he can flay people to keep them in, box to prevent them from walking out, and even hook someone to drag them back into the ult. Thresh also provides an escape for MF with his lantern teleport. Combined with her high health and the barrier/lantern shield combo, MF can more freely cast her ult without worrying about getting instagibbed. Thresh isn’t as CC heavy as Leona but he has stronger support capabilities which means his power/threat doesn’t immediately fade when his lane falls behind. I’d say he hard counters Blitzcrank pretty fiercely if played right. He can auto down Blitz with his AA range and Q passive, throw his lantern to pull back anyone that gets Rocket Grabbed, becomes more durable and does more damage, as well as having very strong team fight CC. He can also hook Blitz when he hooks someone to stun Blitz so he can’t power fist them.
- Thresh is FUN. I never had so much fun as a support for ages. You can make HUGE plays and pull sick stuff, even with no items. It’s a champion you notice when he is successful, just like Blitz, and people will definitely acknowledge your skill with him, which is deeply satisfying.
- His passive is pure genius from Riot. Because it gives the support SOMETHING TO DO aside from warding and poking/trading. It’s like you are CSing yourself, really. It feels like you are farming something too. This is excellent in my opinion. You are getting more powerful thanks to minion deaths, but it doesn’t imply getting gold. Great design. I find myself excited when I see 2/3 souls on the floor ready to be picked, just like you are an ADC ready to clean a huge wave pushing your tower.
- About the passive, you need 68 souls at level 18 for Thresh’s passive to become “worthy”. Meaning, above 68 souls, you get more armor than Blitz and Nautilus at level 18 (with no items), the other 2 noticeable “hookers”. The AP is just an added bonus. 68 souls are actually very easy to reach BEFORE level 18. Usually around level 10 if you had a good laning phase.
- His Q > E combo is very scary. There is a trick to max out the CC uptime. Hook first, step backwards a little to pull your target backwards too, and THEN press Q again to jump on him at the last second (if you have enough HP). Then, Flay backwards, and apply Exhausts. This is DEADLY if done right. At level 6, add the Ultimate and it’s golden.
- Lantern is tricky. People are not used to it yet. Give it time. I’d say a few weeks. It’s easy to fire and forget in a team fight from your POV, but with all the tunnel vision this game has, most people will not see it. Don’t rage ! We need a few “pro picks” of Thresh and some VOD/YouTube to advertise it. Competitive gaming will display that for sure in the next weeks.
- In team fights, you CAN engage. If you have Shurelia and some HP/resists (say, Shurelia, Sighstone, Merc treds and maybe parts of aegis) you can easily dive in, “a la” Amumu (on a squishy target of course), do your thing, drop the ultimate, drop lantern on yourself, exhaust, and keep finger on Flash if you get focused hard. It just works. Don’t do it if you are behind though.
- You have sick peel potential. Use it. That nasty Xin dives your ADC ? Flay him out. Q him. Box him. Shield your ADC. You can peel just like Janna or Lulu, maybe even better, if the ADC can use the lantern properly.
TLDR Thresh is a very aggressive CC/tank support that possesses defensive support skills, making him a bit of the road between Leona and Janna, working best bot lane with Draven+Thresh or MF+Thresh. His souls give him more armor, more AP for ability damage and shield strength, and more on-hit magic damage. He is probably one of the best scaling supports in the game due to his passive (to be fair, Blitzcrank hook will always be one of the strongest abilities in the game).
The Anti-Rage Guide – How to Not Rage in LOL
If you play League of Legends, then you have probably raged once or twice in your time pwning. This guide is to help with people handle their anger and realize that it is just a game, and some people are just retards, and there is no changing that, at least for that game. The point of the game is to just enjoy playing a great game, you can blame the LOL community, but in reality, the entire internet, Xbox live and play station network all have the same players. Make the best of every situation and game.
Here are some common signs of raging –
1. Mashing of the shift or use of the caps lock key
2. Spamming chat with insults or general hate
3. Spamming the ping key while in game
4. Grunting loudly and redness of face
5. Intentional feeding or desire to AFK
6. Temptation/Act of setting your computer on fire.
7. Throwing mouse, keyboard, or hulk smashing either one.
After you have shown signs of RAGE please take a moment to ask yourself. “Am I raging?” “Am I drinking Hateraid right now by the gallon?” “Are my hands clenched so tight my nails are causing me to bleed?” And other such questions of this sort. If any of these questions turn up yes then you have confirmed you are raging (And might need to see a doctor, cuts can get infected you know).
Analyzing the rage
How am I raging? What am I raging at? Why type of rage is this?
These are all important questions to ask when you have confirmed the rage. For without knowing what type of rage it is you won’t be able to take further steps to correct your rage!
Common types of rage include
1. Nerd Rage- “They questioned my build! I know better than them! I’ll show them how pro my build is by FEEDING!” *Rage rage rage rage*
2. Gank Rage- “Oh my god man there is nothing I can do I get ganked over and over no matter where I go.. best solution to this is to FEED”
3. MIA Rage- “You didn’t Call MIA why didn’t you call MIA Why can’t I take 1 second to look at the mini map every once and a while to realize that their lane is missing. I guess I’ll just face check every bush now.. and FEED!”
4. Ranked Rage “All you guys SUCK you’re ruining my ELO my precious ELO, obviously my ELO is more important than life it’s self.. so to prove how important ELO is I’m going to afk… then FEED!”
5. Rage Rauuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu-…. then FEED!”
6. Eldritch Horror Rage- AHDOSFJhfasdokseioajwesyy!@$*&*asdjfx,mcnv… then FEED!
If you have any of these rages proceed to the next step immediately. ((Or if it’s eldritch horror rage.. proceed to summon forth your dark god to lay waste your enemies))
Curing the rage
By far the most important step in this entire guide, or any guide ever in fact.
1. Take a deep breath then let it out.
2. Think of something funny or something that will make you smile.
3. Realize this is just a game and you’re here for fun.
4. Laugh out loud.
5. Stand up and do interpretive dance for 10-30 seconds (Depending on re spawn time)
6. Take a chill pill
7. Let it all out by screaming at the top of your lungs. (Only recommended if you are alone in the house.. and if your window is closed.)
So please if you are prone to raging, try to follow this guide, save your teammates from hearing you be dumb, annoying, and aggravating. Save a game, cure the rage.
The time has finally come, the D3 PVP dueling patch, is on the public test realms currently. It will be implemented into the live servers within the next month. It only took them, I don’t know, a year and change to do it. Enough of the complaints though! Here is all the information you need about the new PVP system in Diablo 3.
How to duel someone in Diablo 3? Well you need to go to the PVP zone.
How do you get to the PVP zone? You talk to Nek the Brawler.
Where is Nek the Brawler? Nek the Brawler is located in New Tristam.
How many people can the new D3 zone support? The new PVP zone can support 2-4 players at once, and is a free for all.
There are four different areas in the PVP zone, which is called Scorched Chapel. The areas are the church, the river, the lake and the graveyard.
If you die in the dueling world, you resurrect in the same zone.
Death is not permanent for hardcore characters (nor soft core obviously)
You will not take durability damage while in the PVP zone, which is good because if you get in there with TLN you will be dying, A LOT.
The point of the dueling system is basically for fun and bragging right between friends currently. Blizzard has stated they didn’t want it to be an E-Sport more of just a fun event and something to do. Honestly, it will be like Diablo 2’s PVP system, but with less people and a little bit more control. Balls to the wall and no holds barred.
As of you may have already heard, or if it is a later date, League of Legends has decided to toss out the ELO ranking system and go with a more divisional type of ranking / ranked game solution. This new ranked LOL system is very similar to that of Star craft 2’s ranking system. This needed to be done because the ELO system wasn’t a good motivator for most people. It was extremely annoying and didn’t really promote playing ranked as much as it should. This new system will place you into Tiers, with your friends, and has a bottoming out limit so even if you tank 10 games, you ultimately will still be at your highest tier.
So for more detail I will talk about the tiers. Basically there will be low to high tiers like Starcraft 2. Bronze being the lowest(0-1050 elo), Silver (1050-1300 elo), and so on. Once you are into your tier it will be a group of about 250 people in your division, so you would say I’m silver tier and in “Gankplanks Hardy Crew” division. When you view your division you will see your place, from rank 1 to rank 250, you will also see things that signify if someone is doing well, say on a winning streak, and other little signs relating to the person.
The positive side to this type of ranking system with League of Legends is that if you lose a game, the farthest you can fall is to rank 250. You will maintain your tier unless you become inactive for a month or longer. To get promoted, you will have a series of games, and depending on how you do in those games(somewhat like placement matches) will determine if you will be bumped up to the next tier(gold, silver, platinum, ect…).
If you watch any league of legend streams, you will notice that many the pro players are in their games with the same people very often. This will somewhat be the case for everyone now, because it will want to place you with friends and people from your division before it branches out for other players from a different division. Pretty awesome bro!
Well those are just the basics of the system and my ELO numbers for the bronze > silver brackets may be slightly off. Enjoy the new system & let’s hope you get an awesome division name.
BEGINNER GUIDE AT BOTTOM OF POST
For live advice and gear checks, check this stream – http://www.twitch.tv/thegoldenaxe (author of this guide)
Hit the “FOLLOW” button and come in next time you see me online and streaming - Q&A every stream!
BEFORE YOU READ :
If you are already well versed in the WW Barb build, this thread may not help you much. If you are somewhat familiar or new, this thread has everything you need to build a speed demon WW farming machine.
UPDATE : 1.0.5 CHANGES
For 1.0.5, concentrate more on getting ASI up. If you can add some lifesteal and LOH, great. ASI on gear and a fast offhand (dagger with innate ASI is nice) this will help offset the proc nerf. This is tested and functions fine in PTR highest levels. Check my build to see what I use if you are curious. I had no problems rolling through PTR with my ASI up and the same LOH and LS from 1.0.4.
This spec is for speed and to kill all whites along the way quickly. It is built to hold fury and carry WOTB for as long as possible. I found my old build that does not emphasize ASI and Movement speed to be slow, so this is my guide to my build, if you are interested. Aim for these stats, showing in your details list with these passives on :
Weapons Master, Nerves of Steel (or tough as nails if it makes more HP), Ruthless
UPDATE : you may want to change out Nerves if you have super armor – for something else you may like that has been changed in 1.0.5 like Animosity or wtvr.
If you go over any of the stats I would recommend it being strength first.
Armor : 5500 (level 62 or 63 helps, or +armor on whatever is a bonus)
All Resist : 550 (get it wherever you can. Easier on shoulders, chest, legs, feet)
- Keep armor : res at 10:1 ratio. This is the most effective. Dont get off the ratio.
- I will not explain the ratio here, buts its been mathimatically worked out.
- This gets your damage reduction on each over 60% minimum.
- You can skimp here a little. Keep the ratio.
Strength : 2000
- Keep it high as you can. This is a minimum. Get it wherever you can.
- Dont forget the every str point is and armor point too.
HP : 40,000 (get vit over life%, but both will do. Nerves of steel uses vit)
- Basic amount, you can skimp a couple k too.
Crit. Chance : 45% (most important stat – get it everywhere, maxed if you can)
- You MUST have high crtch. The whole build revolves around it.
- Stacking crtch/B. Rage with Mighty Weap allows high fury regen.
Crit. damage : 400% total (I get all my Crt Dmg from quad crit on weaps.)
- Main hand 1k plus Axe with double crit.
- Off Hand dagger etc (high attack speed) with 700+ LOH, double crit.
- It is easy to get the crit dmg on weaps, hard on gear with other stats.
Life On Hit : 1200 (get on Off Hand and Ammy only)
- LOH is important to stay alive. The attack speed is what procs this more.
- Try to get all of this between OH and Amulet. This is best.
- You cant start to drop LOH under 1000 or less once your damage gets godly.
Life steal : 2.8% (belt)
- Absolutely a must. Your damage is so high this is your #1 survival method.
- This has become more importand in patch 1.0.5
Movement Speed : +24% (boots and bracers/chest)
- Go fast. Have fun. Faster move = more mobs = more fury = more fun!
- drops more tornadoes faster.
Attacks Per Second : 1.8 (over all in details list)
- Attack speed is what makes your tornadoes tick more.
- Tornadoes do damage based on Main Hands damage.
- Tornadoes tick based on speed of last weapon swung.
- Attack speed listed on weapon is for that weapon only. ASI from gear is for both hands
- Fast Tick Tornadoes heal faster, kill faster, regen fury a LOT faster
- I get ASI on rings, ammy, bracers, DW
Damage : 80k at rest (passives on, no skills popped, with axe)
- You can get a safe 65K if you use Mighty Weapon instead.
- When you pop WOTB, you will see what a phsycopath you are.
- When you get good at using the build, WOTB lasts forever – RAWR!
- You can still do well with a little less damage.
Skills : Battle Rage – Into the Fray (fury generator)
War Cry – Impunity (buffs and fury generator)
Sprint – Run like the Wind (The core of the build, your main damage dealer)
Wrath of the Berzerker – Thrive on Chaos (Phsycopath!)
Main attack : Bash – Instigation (Hard hit, fury generator, not for main damage)
Secondary attack : Whirlwind – Hurricane (What else? Keep that speed up!)
Put all this together and what you have is a fast moving, hard hitting, surviving barb that has super strong fast tick tornadoes. Tornadoes derive their damage from your main hand (20%). They tick based on the attack speed of the last weapon swung. The proc coefficient is 20% (to activate your LOH and LS). This build maximizes these things. My tornadoes spawn more (movement speed), tick faster (attack speed), generate fury and health faster (proc more cause of high tick), and hit harder (main hand damage). They melt everything and are the core of the build. Not revolutinary, but I dont see many barbs with 25% ASI and 24% movement.
Dont skimp on weapons. Your main hand can be an Axe if you need the crit chance, but once you get higher DPS go with a Mighty Weapon with double crit as this is much better at holding fury! Double crit and over 1k (ish) base for either of those. Your offhand should have most of your LOH (800 if you can, search 700) and double crit. Usually a dagger because they ar fast. Any other stats is a bonus (IAS, str, vit etc.) These will not be cheap.
I try to get all my LOH on OH and ammy. That way I can stack high crt ch, asi and str on rings, gloves, bracers. Dont forget the belt – you need a full stat load on that. Life steal is a must!
You can armory ‘THEGOLDENAXE’ if you want to have a refference to go on and base your gear upon that.
BEGINNERS SPEC BUDGET WW BARB BUILD
Many have asked me to add this because obviously this build can cost a billion. So here is a quick reference to my build, cheap style. Search the following and try to snipe the best available in bids!! BIN is usually too much! Rares are now MUCH cheaper due to legendary buffs! Use rares, forget the legendaries for a beginner build, they are very effective!
Helm : Str, vit, RA, CrtCh, socket.
Shoulders : Str, vit, RA
Amulet : Str, RA, Vit, CrtCh, ASI, LOH 300+
Chest : Str, Vit, RA, 3 sockets
Pants : Str, Vit, RA, 2 sockets
Belt : Str, Vit, RA, Life Steal 2.8% or greater
Gloves : Str, Vit, RA, CrtCh, ASI
Bracers : Str, Vit, RA, CrtCh
Rings : High Str, CrtCh, ASI
Boots : Str, Vit, RA, Movement 12%
Main Hand : DPS 900+, Crit Dmg (50%+), socket (axe or mighty weap)
Off hand : DPS 600+, Crt Dmg (50%+) LOH 800+, socket
Now I understand that you may not be able to get all stats on everything in your budget. However, if you move them around a bit, you can find deals. Lots of stuff is cheap when one value is low – just do the inverse on a complimentary piece of gear (High str, low vit, reverse for next piece – both cheap!) The most expensive things will be the amulet and OH, perhaps you may find them cheap! Over all, it does not matter how you allocate stats, just aim for these overall values in your details screen with Ruthless, Nerves of Steal and Weapons Master for passives, NO cooldowns popped! :
Str : 2000 (DPS and Armor for this, most important base stat!)
HP : 30K plus (40K ideal, but pricey!)
Armor : 5000
RA : 500
CrtChance : 35% (will buff higher when you pop your cooldowns – do not go lower!)
CrtDamage : 350% (this comes from your weaps – 50% on each with sockets n gems)
APS : 1.6 (fast offhand dagger is best, Swords second, MH is 1.3, rest is gear buffs for ASI)
LOH : 1200 if you can get it, a little less is OK
Life Steal : 2.8% minimum. (On belt. If you can get it on weap, easy to get boss belt!)
Movement Speed : +12% minimum
This should get you moving! There are many combinations to get these stats, just do your best sniping those auctions!